Friday

Et Voila

I have collected many photography books over the years. They surround me in my studio and I just have to turn around and pick something off the pile behind me to find something beautiful to gaze at.

Today's book views were especially inspiring. I've had the pleasure and honor of knowing the creators of two of the books I was purusing (Jayne Hinds Bidaut and Paul Himmel).

And I only wish I had been around to know Steiglitz and Mapplethorpe, who worked in the neighborhood.

Apps are cool, but nothing beats the touch, smell and overall tactile experience of a large gorgeous photo book.



Paul Himmel, from "Paul Himmel, Photographs" (Assouline)

Jayne Hinds Bidaut, from "Animalerie" (Texas University Press)

 Alfred Steiglitz, from "Alfred Steiglitz Photographer" (Museum of Fine Arts, Boston)

Robert Mapplethorpe, from "Robert Mapplethorpe" (ICA, Philadelphia)